Bright Spark

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Bandit1990
Forumer

Re: Bright Spark

Post by Bandit1990 »

Reuploaded latest update with annoying debug chat removed - I'm so used to it now that I just channel it out :D

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Slight update to Bright Spark. Biggest change is the scout should no longer get caught in a loop behind the enemy base where it tries to go home then turns around to avoid the enemy TC. This means more scouting around the enemy base which increases laming chance, attacking villager chance or it just means it will get back home quicker to push more deer before hitting feudal age.

MightyRecon
Forumer

Post by MightyRecon »

Having trouble getting Bright Spark to work, I'm using the correct settings, and playing on Arabia I'm always met with this error:

AI Script Error
File: Bright Spark 33\Laming.per2
ERR5001: File open failed

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

MightyRecon wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:04 am
Having trouble getting Bright Spark to work, I'm using the correct settings, and playing on Arabia I'm always met with this error:

AI Script Error
Thanks MightyRecon - That 33 should have been a 36 so I must have missed it when relabelling. I have just reuploaded so it should work now. If not then just let me know :)

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

MightyRecon wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:04 am

AI Script Error
Do you really want to load Laming.per <_< ? I wouldn't be so sure about it :lol:
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

New update for Bright Spark. List is in the first post but basically I've worked on the raiding micro further and found the cause of why Bright Spark's army was getting stuck in certain parts of an enemy base. Now you should find it circles the enemy base much better, finds villagers on the outskirts and ranged units are much more vicious attacking farmers and enemy army who hide within TC range.

I still have more work to do (better retreat points, giving raiders more specific roles, etc) but this was an issue I've wanted to deal with for a while so I'm happy to see it circling more effectively and disrupting a larger percentage of enemy villagers.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Something went wrong when add the latest version and the other 2 versions of Bright Spark (26 and the original) were deleted for some reason. I've got files in my published folder that match these names and have reuploaded them I hope they're the same ones but I can't tell for sure - it's been a long time since I last used them!

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

:dance
Bandit1990 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:23 pm
New update for Bright Spark. List is in the first post but basically I've worked on the raiding micro further and found the cause of why Bright Spark's army was getting stuck in certain parts of an enemy base. Now you should find it circles the enemy base much better, finds villagers on the outskirts and ranged units are much more vicious attacking farmers and enemy army who hide within TC range.

I still have more work to do (better retreat points, giving raiders more specific roles, etc) but this was an issue I've wanted to deal with for a while so I'm happy to see it circling more effectively and disrupting a larger percentage of enemy villagers.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

New update - just adding this note now to timestamp for DC7, will write a list of changes in the morning :)

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Update Summary (also included in first post):

- Laming has been updated, better but not consistent yet but I think I now have a solution to make it more reliable (after the submission deadline, classic :D )
- Castle avoidance wasn't working with the latest raiding micro but this is now fixed
- Bright Spark shouldn't avoid castles until after they are built, it should actively hunt the builders to stop them finishing construction
- Allies will leave allied bases quicker once a threat has been dealt with - useful when reinforcing several fronts.
- Bright Spark will cancel its assault or allied defence if it is attacked in the home base and needs reinforcements. This means fully boomed Bright Sparks protect their own economy and not lose it keeping a crippled ally alive
- Bright Spark now produces units with its donjons when playing as Sicilians
- Villagers will attack battering rams when they get too close
- Slingers will now sling the ally with the highest score as long as they are not assigned the slinger role (this means 2 slingers will sling the same ally)
- Slingers now mirror their slinging target's villager distribution, gathering resources that the slinging target is actively trying to gather
- Military weightings modified to make Bright Spark even less keen on training knights vs monks and more keen on training scout cav vs monks
- Starting scout shouldn't trigger Bright Spark's counter system
- Bright Spark will now switch raiding targets if the target is crippled, with a chance to do this in time to stop a pocket from booming or eliminate the second flank in a 2v1
- Increased back-up Lumber Camp placement area so starting lumber camps that fail to place aren't placed by straggler trees
- Fletching will be researched if required even when saving to age up - more likely to keep ranged units alive in skirm wars
- Queuing enabled during dark age, resulting in faster age up or an age up at a similar time but with one extra villager
- Edited training controls in feudal so Bright Spark will not stop villager production if the resources cannot be spent elsewhere (waiting for buildings/all buildings already training) meaning Bright Spark is less behind on villager count when massing a raiding force.
- Scout no longer sent to attack immediately after hitting feudal age, making it more likely all deer are eaten and helps with scout/m@a rushes - also results in a faster raid as it was usually likely the scout was lost and reduced military numbers by 1
- Pocket has increased deer search range so booming/slinging pockets are more likely to lure deer not used by allies
- Fixed a bug where Bright Spark's own melee units triggered its retreat code
- Fixed a bug where Bright Spark's market wouldn't place, keeping it in feudal age
- Added custom taunts for the next 3 opponents in DC7 (will add more for most AIs I know in the community, just didn't have time with the deadline)