Knight

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
MrElephant
Swami

Knight

Post by MrElephant »

Hello All,

So this is a different style AI I am currently working on. The focus of this AI is to play the 5.03.0706 and 9.07.0222 prototype versions of the game. The AI will also be compatible with AoK, and the rest of the series. There will be two separate files, one for the 5.03 version, and one for the rest. In the future, I will try to investigate whether one file can be used for all, but not all functionality of AoK is included in the betas. These AIs might not have compatibility with the version 11 prototypes of the game, but should not require that much adjusting to get the files to work.

As version 5.03 only allows around 330 rules, that will be a limitation of this AI which I will carry through each version.
Boar hunting was available in both of the prototypes- so I am including a #load-if-defined DE-Available for boar hunting in the version 9- current version.

In addition- only the AI will only focus on 50/75 population games. This means that Knight should only train around 40 villagers at this time.

There are several examples AIs of the version 9 game, but not really as much for version 5. So in the future if someone wants to create an AI for the version 5 prototype- this should be a good example.

Some note- version 5 games are very, very slow. It will take time for AIs to reach second and third ages.

Notes about this AI is particular:

Civ: Teutons right now for 9.07.0222. It shouldnt matter for 5.03.0706 as long as the civ has Cav-archer available. Mongols for AoK-DE
Maps: Land only for now. I will be trying to add water for both versions, but only have the core land strategy has been completed. So prepare to see some monk ships in the future!
Strategy: Knight goes from lance cavalry or light cavalry into cav archers in imperial supplemented by rams and trebuchets. In the prototype 9 version, he does try to make trebs- but trebuchets do not unpack themselves- which is unfortunate. Further investigation into that is needed.

Thanks go out to Promi for allowing me to upload this type of AI here.
Attachments
Knight Version 9.07.0222 and DE.zip
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
battle.png
battle.png (319.33 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
Knight 5.03.0706 30Apr2023.zip
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!