Quoll 2

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
koalaface
Forumer

Post by koalaface »

Quoll has been upgraded and extended. Water support is now given. I believe all random land maps are handled quite well and an attempt at team-island and island is made. Still has some flaws but not too noticable. I have tried to make it a team-player. I think it can be fun (biased opinion) as an ally in human games or particularly if 2 Quolls are allied as enemies. Anyway - here it is for those interested.

Any problems, observations and advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers ! :)

(note that Quoll is still very much a fast-castle AI)

Edit : Arrrghh ! :head Did I ever say that I get a bit technically confused ? :blink: Sorry about that.

I think this is the correct attachment ! Could someone please download and respond if it works !

@ Mabuse : Definite goal to enter Team-Island. No goals to win any games just yet - just to enter the tourney ! :D
Attachments
QuollAI.zip
(40.54 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

robink
Guru

Post by robink »

Just wanted to test it, but Quoll 2.per
and QuollNotes.txt are exactly the same,
just some text and no AI script....:blink:

Waiting for a corrected version i am :lol:

Mabuse
Waheguru

Post by Mabuse »

Nice :D

Will check it surely out.

Can i interpret your "water-extension" as a sign that you may enter TI-Tournament ?

EDIT: robin is right :lol:
(no offense, but funny - sure that it is quickly fixed)
take seat, shut up, script - have fun

koalaface
Forumer

Post by koalaface »

Pls See my edited original post above

Tonto_DaVe
Swami

Post by Tonto_DaVe »

Yep, it works.:)
Signed,
DaVe

Vader
Waheguru

Post by Vader »

I'll test it for sure ... just one moment :)))
"Is it what the teacher teaches or what the student learns?"

Vader
Waheguru

Post by Vader »

I tried out this AI (with Chinese) - and also the DINGO-AI before. I suppose the differences are more in the variety of maps the AI can play than in gameplay, right? However the AI was also great before (as Dingo ;) ), and playing Island-Map and others now i really like it much more than before (which is a miracle). Good work!

koalaface
Forumer

Post by koalaface »

@ tonto_Dave and Vader : Thanks for responding.

@ Vader : Yes - Quoll is (supposed to be) much more versatile than the Ai's I use in the competitions. Also Quoll may be a little weaker as it tends to train a greater variety of units whereas you may have noticed that Dingo and my other Tourney AI's tend to focus on a few (occasionally one) units to streamline the upgrade process. And only a couple of Civilizations are catered for.

But if you just want to sit back and play a game against the computer it can be frustrating to figure out which AI can use which map and what civ. it uses. This is what makes Alliance Thunder so impressive - versatile and powerful !

But Quoll will form the skeleton for future tourney AI's so if you want a sparring partner for your own AI's it could be of some benefit. Anyway thanks for the rave but its not that great yet !

Vader
Waheguru

Post by Vader »

I also noticed that the former version called Dingo (and i suppose also the new one) can handle team-play very nice. If one player is under heavy attack the player tributes all the resources to the other player and makes some kind of sling-shot-system :)
just wanted to mention that.