The Horde

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Archon
Waheguru

Re: The Horde

Post by Archon »

I guess this is an error on Tribal's part, when it demands for assistance. <_< :head

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

el+noob wrote:only it does with tribal warrior , With others it would not
:rofl

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

I do not know, but if tribal plays with another ia does not happen, it is quite annoying to see losing matches to the horde by having their troops in the base of tribal when they attack without necessity

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

From what Archon said, I think Horde is very responsive to taunts for requesting help and follows them blindly. Therefor it's really dependent on other AIs/humans using those taunts well.

I do agree that that's a bad way for AIs to cooperate.

Both AIs are doing it wrong, Horde shouldn't respond to taunts from other AIs (it should use a better system) and Tribal shouldn't taunt other AIs.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

The strange thing is that tribal asks for help to attack, tribal always takes the initiative, and the horde sends its troops to its base, I repeat, only happens between these two ia in all games of 2 vs 2

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Haha nice discussion here !
Both AIs are doing it wrong, Horde shouldn't respond to taunts from other AIs (it should use a better system) and Tribal shouldn't taunt other AIs.
I think Aleph is true. TRiBaL is too much talkative and tests the brain of other AIs by using taunts :D
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

[b]Legendary AI Arena Tournament[/b], wattle wrote:
scripter64 wrote:
wattle wrote:On a general note, I didn't realize, until recently, that AIs are capable to delete their back walls like barbarian and the horde do, which I find quite impressive. Even more as they seem to reliably detect what is back and what not. Seems like this feature alone is a pretty big advantage for an AI.
I would be interested, if someone could explain how the general mechanics behind this works (just curious, I know pretty much nothing about AI scripting)
I have no idea how they do this either lol. Might need to ask them directly on the AI upload threads for details :)
Apparently only the two top AIs Barbarian and The Horde are capable to do this, as well as opening its front-wall, to lure in boar or deer. So this might be a secret B) . But maybe Archon agrees to give some hints (I accept german to give it a bit more cover :P , damn Aleph and Promi will read it :head ). TheMax probably has to prepare for going to china :dance, so I won't bother him.
Hey Archon, you wanna give some Infos on this? :rolleyes:
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

I was very busy with work lately and didn't manage to find time to read anything here. :(

1. Delete back walls. This is very simple. Take your TC as point and the map center as point 2. Use up-lerp-tiles with something like -15 of these points, to define a point behind the TC. Cross some tiles in both directions and delete all wall found in something like 10 tiles. Works pretty well on most maps, however it may damage the backside of the front wall, if all forest is located behind the TC. IIRC II2N posted this here or in the chat once.

2. Use DUC to check if boar/deer, villager/scout and wall are within 3 tiles. Also Check if the boar/deer further away than the wall. Find the closest wall tile to them and delete it. Store the point in a goal that doesn't get changed so you can later build palisade-wall there. For some reason this caused a lot of :head to get it right.

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

Finally, I decided to upload a new version anyways. This fixes most of the reported issues, however I didn't have the time to test all changes extensively.

- hopefully it is smarter with swapping strategies in mid game. As suggested above, it aims to imp a bit faster in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused units to not switch into patrol mode when moving to an enemy camp with DUC while a tower was shooing.
- DUC selects waypoints a bit differently now. Also takes a second TC into consideration now.
- reduces mill max distance when building an emergency mill, uses villager scouting more deliberately, so it wouldn't fail to place on it unexplore terrain as often. (I think the bug, that it deletes the TC under construction, when a starting villager is stuck in forest still persist. No clue why this happens.)
- fixed a bug that would freeze the game in FFA (At least didn't happen in my 3 all horde games.) that was reported above. Thanks for the suggestion.
- fixed a bug that would freeze the game if all villagers were too wounded for boar hunting. (never saw this happen but there was a chance for this.)
- Deleted some code that didn't work as planned, cleaned up some of the DUC code. As a result the file size is actually smaller.
- patrol help will be disabled if the allied AI sets his flag for attack (goal 392) to 1. Still doesn't work well with tribal warrior, as it often asks for help when it retreats from a tower during attacks or sometimes even when just its scout is under attack. esty, this is your fault!

Any bug report and feedback is greatly appreciated.

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks for the update, Archon :)