[UP] Subjugator

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
CheeseOnToast
Yogi

[UP] Subjugator

Post by CheeseOnToast »

Version 1.0o | 08/09/19| http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3384
Scripted by CheeseOnToast

Huge credits to AI scripters community for their feedback and playtesting of Subjugator!

Taunt list:
3 - Request food
4 - Request wood
5 - Request gold
6 - Request stone
22 - Cancel 222 order
31 - Blindly attacks an enemy (human only)
32 - Stop training villagers and delete them (human only)
33 - Continue training and keep villagers (human only)
34 - Continue to build a navy (human only)
35 - Stop and delete useless warships (human only)
36 - Stops a blind attack. If no blind attack is in progress, Subjugator will not attack until human gives order to do so (human only)
38 - Ask Subjugator to sling any human ally. (human only)
40 - Market placement control (human only)
48 - Tell Subjugator you will be slinging it. (human only)
110 - Flare where Subjugators attacking army is (human only)
148 - Flare where Subjugator should delete buildings (human only)
222 - Request help and flare so Subjugator can assist you (land units).
223 - Request help and flare so Subjugator can assist you (sea units).
249 - Show resources of Subjugator (human only)
247 - Allow experimental stuff
250 - Show strategy and version of Subjugator (human only)

Preferred settings:

Any random map which doesn't require transportation of villagers
Random Civ (Prefers Huns or Mayans)
Can play cooperatively with other AI
Requires UserPatch 1.5 or higher.

Reporting bugs and general feedback is appreciated (especially sharing recorded games :lol: )
Attachments
Subjugator496.zip
Latest version (May be unstable)
(391 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Subjugator 1.0o.zip
Current version (most stable)
(358.38 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
Last edited by CheeseOnToast on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 49 times in total.

LightTree
Waheguru

Re: [UP] Subjugator

Post by LightTree »

Thx Cheese :).

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

noo, my holidays just ended :( , but it's going to be fun christmas-holidays at least. Thanks CheeseOnToast, I'm so curious for Subs micro B)
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Thanks CoT :D

Been waiting for this to appear :devil
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

IT'S HERE! Thanks, CoT! :) :)

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Watched a game Sub vs Barb, Spanish war on Arabia, Hard.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JEElP ... HMS9mDaPp2
This is what I noticed so far
- researched Loom right away ! (tested it three more times, always the same)
- first house was quite a few tiles away from the starting vills (tested it like 5 times and didn't happen again)
- scout did push the first deer for more than 3 min ! around the TC (was quite funny :rofl )
- build a tower to the south (back) that actually didn't protect that much and kept garrisoning archers into that tower :unsure:
- mined stone without a mining camp next to it, although the gold mining camp wasn't to far away (like ~7 tiles)
- build 2 forward TC and at min ~36 it had 3 or 4 farms not adjacent to the most forward TC and for the other TC the farms looked like they were build all towards the side of the base.
Maybe there is something like townsize that caused it. Don't know if that might have been random.

sidenote: interesting archer/CA build for Spanish <_< , infact I was like what the heck why is it not upgrading crossbow when having ~20 archers until I realized it is Spanish :lol:
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Post by CheeseOnToast »

Thanks Wattle!

Sounds like the deer luring issue is because it wasn't changing the focus player back to 0 (Gaia) to slaughter them -- I'll take a look.
I'll definitely improve Tower placement to prevent dumb cases like that :lol:
I think mining stone (just for towers) that far away is okay though I'll do some testing whether its good to put a mining camp on it or not.
Forward Town Centers are interesting, that must mean that the camp distances were very high... I'll take a look.

The Loom thing could be improved maybe. it will get loom if its TC is idle for too long -- ideally after the first house it shouldn't be idle so will need to look into that.

Edit: Turns out the loom bug was entirely something different -- I have a goal which has the total amount of time the AI should spend training villagers, because I didn't set a default (was still -1) it would always research loom. I've now set a default so it should not get loom instantly anymore :)

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hi Cheese,
I just tested two Sub teaming together in a 2v2 and they both failed in finding the enemies. They just found and targetted each other sub. Consequence was "funny"... They sent their scouts in their ally's town and followed villagers as if they were targets.

I give you the rec which might be pretty usefull to fix your issue ;)
Attachments
sub 2v2 fail targetting.rar
(723.5 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Post by CheeseOnToast »

Already fixed for the next version, it was caused by the same issue as deer hunters not killing deers (town center dodging) Enjoy the lols while they are there :lol:

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi COT, thx for making a 1.5 AI.
I tested it some 3 times, and yeah, the deer hunting was the biggest issue and also failing to detect a boar and hunting it, even after it can see it. In addition, I felt that it rushes too much for deer hunting before exploring properly its land to find the two boars and enough sheep.
GL