Woody Woodpecker | The AI 25% BF - 25% FN - 25% Arena - 25% FORTRESS

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Brainless
Forumer

Re: Woody Woodpecker | The AI 100% Forest Nothing

Post by Brainless »

Woody McWoodpecker?
Lumberjack?

Esty
Waheguru

Re: Woody Woodpecker | The AI 100% Forest Nothing

Post by Esty »

The official version is renamed " Woody Woodpecker " and the old version is now called Termite.

New release btw :)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Re: Woody Woodpecker | The AI 50% Forest Nothing 50% BF

Post by Esty »

Now Woody plays Black Forest (or try to) :)

I could have made an AI which just rushs, like any AI would do, but it wouldn't be an AI specifically designed for BF. So i made Woody trying to wall like a human would do and Boom. Sometimes it can fail badly lol. but was fun to script...
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

i hope there is still room for improvement on the walling?
right now it is just more of an odd map feature...
i played 8 player on gigantic size, maybe i should have played 8p size?

[image=0]MAP013.jpg[/image]
Attachments
MAP013.jpg
MAP013.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 5185 times

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Oh 11 yeah, i can imagine the desaster ! Well, i worked precisely on 2 players map in which there is generally one unique path. The walling works way better. Even in 4 players map, there are several paths which make Ww failing his walls most of the time :(
Sorry about it !

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Just added some stuff to make Wwp playing in teamgames :
- The pocket won't wall
- Wwp trains trade carts
- Carto + caravan are researched

Just tested a game in 8 players map (4v4). The walls did work decently for 3 over the 4 wallers.
AOK014.png
AOK014.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 5173 times

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Uploaded a new release which fixes some issues related to the escrow rules in castle-age.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Extremely interesting AI.
First test was on forest prison, a forest nothing map with a players area of 7 tiles radius. Some optimisation is needed for this map, but still it seems going well enough to beat 7 of my AIs on this hard-for-ais map.

captainante
Forumer

Post by captainante »

This AI worked well. I'm very impressed by its building placement as well as cutting capabilities. I tried playing this in DE with myself and 7 of these in a 4v4 team 7x7 forest nothing game, and it seemed some of them got a good start while others didn't, so it seems some randomness is involed. I'm sad that none of them built trade carts when the bases of the same team cut through to each other; does it play Forest Nothing in team mode?
Last edited by captainante on Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Just added new rules to make the AI train trade carts when the path is created with another teamplayer.
And i improved the cut rules. The onagers look to have a better behaviour.

Thx for testing Woody Woodpecker. He needs some love and he really appreciates !