TRiBaL_Warriors

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
el+noob
Swami

Re: TRiBaL_Warriors

Post by el+noob »

An error appeared in this game. The troops do not attack and end up killing them without fighting. If it weren't for that, I think he won without problems.

Also the placement of the tower, something more conservative would have been better
Attachments
barbarian vs tribal.rar
(935.9 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

New update : version 7.5j
I'm keeping improving the LN gameplay.

Thx El+noob for this feedback. I know where is the problem. The waypoint reached is too close to the border of the map and stile too close from the enemy tower. The units don't know where to escape. Its something i need to fix, definitely, cause it happenes too regularly.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Esty wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 am
New update : version 7.5j
I'm keeping improving the LN gameplay.
You're really trying hard to improve the AI, aren't you, great work! Great times to be an AI fan :lol:

I tested a couple of games with TRiBaL Warrior. It tends to massacre sheeps (killing 3-4 sheeps at once instead of just 1), micro towards melee units when using ranged, instead of away from them, and sometimes get stuck in the middle of the map, going back and forth, not deciding whether to attack or retreat. Ironically, in my tests against Barbarian, TRiBaL Warrior won in the early game despite the problems I mentioned, but of course Barbarian became unstoppable during the late game.
On the other hand I loved the tower rushing thing it does, in my test against Barbie, TRiBaL Warrior flushed Barbarian, and then towered its woodline, and walled the tower. Brilliant! I wish I didn't forget recording the game. :head

Of course I did my special test game, letting Yggdrasil sling the AI and see what it does. TRiBaL Warrior worked great with Yggdrasil, and handled it's sling very well (which is expected, as they're basically siblings :huh: :lol: ). Though it mostly wants to krush when slung, I wanted to see some unique unit action (perhaps with Goths).

Does TRiBaL Warrior have a taunt command list? Because I feel like it doesn't like to change strategies much, so the games feel... Well, repetitive.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

re-uploaded the version 7.5j with an improvement concerning water maps. fire-ships will be the priority over galleys.

Hi Aynshtaynn,
tribal's economy micro has not been improved for long. Its rules related to shepherds are really basic compared to what i did for pharaon and others. Probably something i should add to the list.

And yeah, tribal has pretty boring strategies in open maps (skirms rush or FC kts). It can practice different strategies in arena/island at least.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

I realized that my rules for arena and michi were broken.

re-uploaded version 7.5j with fixes !
sorry about the recent multireleases...

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Version 7.5k uploaded.
Kinda ready for AISCR tourney !

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Cheers mate!

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Version 7.5L Uploaded with some fixes !

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

There is an issue with the tower wall when it is done near a forest and the villagers cannot finish it because they cannot access it, I don't know if it can be solved. Villagers are inactive for the entire game
Attachments
tribal.rar
(487.8 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Thx El+noob. It's something pretty hard to fix. Already attempted but didn't see the good way to deal with it. Fortunately, it does'nt happen that regularly.

Btw, tribal version 7.5Mjust uploaded for the AISC tourney !