Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Arpheus
Forumer

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by Arpheus »

Yes for DE at least - the official Definitive Edition AI is the an adapted one from Promi. It is getting better and better with the patches - I heard him talking about quickwalling even against dark age rush - haven't seen that in action yet since I don't drush usually

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

I've been very busy with other work besides updating the main AI but in the future the updates should flow more frequently again. :D

The quickwalling is unfortunately not very consistent at the moment (rare chance of a hole, chance of a builder building from the wrong side and locking themselves out). I'll look at these issues when I can. :)

On-topic: I would also still very much appreciate an official update of Barbarian that makes it work for DE, I never used it on DE so far as I don't want to use the unofficial version while I still have hope that an official one will come. :)

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

Will the Barbarian AI be updated for Age of Empire Definitive Edition?
Does he have an updated or modified version of the Barbarian AI?

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

_II2N_ wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:25 am
It is likely DE support will be added, although not in the next update (which I'm hoping to release relatively soon).
_II2N_ wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:44 am
I prefer not to have non-official versions around that are merely compatible with DE, since they'll nevertheless lack any optimization and are likely to bug out in a large number of situations.
This is the latest information I have as well, I assume (could be completely false) that he has an updated version that is not yet in a state to be released and doesn't currently have the time to work on it.

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

Thank you for information

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

The day the official Barbarian DE update releases will be one of the happiest days of my life. Seriously!
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

Barbarian AI does not work on the latest version of Age of Empire DE :(
I liked playing with it so much ... <_<

https://ibb.co/MVvc0rK

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Same error for me, too.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Wait, only has that error sometimes for me, though. No idea what triggers it.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

It's a shame... I was looking for adding barbarian 2.18 to the DE tournament... I'll make few tests as soon as i'm back from holidays.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance