Rhapsody

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
halcyon88
Swami

Rhapsody

Post by halcyon88 »

I built this AI from scratch but it is very very simple and I only just started learning to script.

There will, no doubt, be plenty of bugs and things to fix

Putting my versions out there.

Would appreciate any advice. I am totally new to scripting but having lots of fun even with just very basic stuff. :)
Rhapsody0004.rar
Very weak AI but give it a shot. Work in progress. No UP stuff yet. Doesn't lure boars yet. Goes for defensive castle drop and mass paladin. ONLY PLAYS HUNS! Doesn't have any housing rules yet.
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
I've taken a step back and started from scratch for Rhapsody version 5 onwards. Newer versions may therefore be considerably weaker than older versions. I am still learning to script.
Attachments
Rhapsody7.zip
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Last edited by halcyon88 on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

MrElephant
Swami

Re: First two versions of my first ever AI

Post by MrElephant »

First Post!

Looking forward to trying out your new version, as I know you have been working hard on the AI.

Keep up the good work, and aim for the stars (Barbarian)
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

I really need to know what commands to use to stop the long distance gathering, lol. That would already be a big improvement. I'd really like my AI to just replenish its dropsites when it's just a few tiles away but they still like to gather across the whole map 11
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

MrElephant wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:57 pm
First Post!

Looking forward to trying out your new version, as I know you have been working hard on the AI.

Keep up the good work, and aim for the stars (Barbarian)
Ty, working hard, sure, but only for 1 day so far LOL

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

I really need to know what commands to use to stop the long distance gathering, lol.
Check out the drop distance SNs: https://airef.github.io/strategic-numbe ... p-distance

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

The key seems to be that I have to learn to combine that SN to stop the long distance travelling along with another fact to act upon in a useful way in order to replenish dropsites effectively.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

To be clear, those drop distance SNs are the distance from the nearest dropsite, not the main TC. Usually I keep these SNs constant throughout the game and simply increase sn-mining-camp-distance and sn-lumber-camp-distance over time.

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Thanks, Leif.

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Working on V3 today and spent all day scripting those two versions yesterday so I can safely say that I am addicted 11.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

halcyon88 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:34 am
Working on V3 today and spent all day scripting those two versions yesterday so I can safely say that I am addicted 11.
Great! 11 get used to it