Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheNightPanda
Swami

Re: Rehoboam

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:03 pm
use speed 1.7, arbia, resourses standart, normal game
😅

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Try Arabia (2020 version). Standard Arabia is causing bugs for some AIs atm.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Panda, does version 1.70 announce itself as 1.61? I saw that on the stream i think
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

FireBall37 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:43 pm
Panda, does version 1.70 announce itself as 1.61? I saw that on the stream i think
Yeah. I noticed on stream as well. I forgot to update the chat😅

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:13 am
rec

I don't know how to make videos
Watched the record. It's rather short and a bit hard to compare to a normal game since there is no knight production. I see how the army stops fighting and besides the civ choice I cannot find any wrong settings. I have a few theories as to what the problem could be but it is hard to test as it only seems to happen on your computer. I'd be happy to try and pinpoint the bug but it would require you to do the testing on your pc.

The first thing I would like you to try is if going 2,0 speed or even using a speed hack changes anything. Secondly I would like to watch a whole recorded game with franks where you play from Rehoboams perspective and after 20 seconds use the taunts 44 and 52 which will chat important information about parameters for the units shooting. (it only works if you have rehoboam as the 1 lobby spot as the taunts only respond to my-player-number.) If you can send me the full recorded games afterwards it may give some answers :)

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

I did more tests changing the speed and trying different civis.

In fast speed 2.0 it is solved, in other slower ones it does not work well, regardless of the civi, even with civis randoms in 2.0 it works well.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

I tested it in a vs against me, it does not attack the palisades or buildings to enter the base, also in a moment it leaves its feudal archers next to a castle of mine, if it were not for that it would have been much more difficult to beat it, very good AI, I'll let you rec
Attachments
rehoboam vs human.rar
(601.9 KiB) Downloaded 280 times

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:58 am
I tested it in a vs against me, it does not attack the palisades or buildings to enter the base, also in a moment it leaves its feudal archers next to a castle of mine, if it were not for that it would have been much more difficult to beat it, very good AI, I'll let you rec
That is all expected behavier. It is not made to play vs walls or castles yet as this update was just for the ai tournament and the micro is still in the early fase :) Also as preveously mentioned it's ONLY made to play franks 1v1 so having it play portugese will make it play slightly weaker in the early game and much weaker in the late game. If you want to play it as a player I would suggest doing so without walls or forward buildings with Rehoboam playing franks. I will add the ability to play other settings eventually but this is still a fairly new ai and these things takes time to implement.

I would still like to see the debug chat with taunt 44 and 52 from when you have it play at 1,7 speed. Other computers may have the same issue but I cant really test it myself

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

here I leave you a rec with franks in speed 1.7 and with the commands
Attachments
rehoboam vs tribal warrior.rar
(826.43 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:18 am
here I leave you a rec with franks in speed 1.7 and with the commands
TY :) This reveals what the problem is. For some reason your computer has a shorter time between commands than other computers making the AI play on 1,7 speed as it would normally do on aproximatly 1,5 speed. This also makes deer luring bug out. While I cannot change the way your computer and others runs an AI this at least gives me the ability to test and modify the ai to be able to play on 1,5 speed or at the very least add a debug chat telling people using the ai to change to 2,0 speed if needed. I should have an update ready within a weak or so that fixes this :)