Serpent AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
arandi
Forumer

Serpent AI

Post by arandi »

Hi everyone

This is my first AI. The v0.1 took part in The New Blood AI Tournament organized by MrElephant. As a result, it's meant to play Arabia 2020 only. After the Tournament was over I spent my time improving AI and v0.2 is the result.

Main AI features (v0.2):
- 22 pop Feudal
- boar hunting using TC
- plays Vietnamese only
- reaches Castle Age
- uses Archers and Skirmishers early, adds Scorpions, Scouts and Knights later

DUC implemented:
- starting sheep movement
- building first two houses and fourth one right after third is finished (saves some villager walking time)
- scout circling around own and opponent base
- finding first target to attack
- simple tower avoiding code

At the point of creation I didn't have a goal I wanted to achieve so this AI is still in development state. I still need to optimize build order, timing and many other features but I'm already happy with what I managed to achieve :)
Attachments
Serpent AI.rar
(26.32 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Serpent AI

Post by FireBall37 »

Thanks Arandi! Can't wait to see the boar hunting :dance
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

arandi
Forumer

Post by arandi »

Apparently I forgot to change tower avoidance code, I'll update it at some point ;)

arandi
Forumer

Post by arandi »

I came up with a strat and build order that require me to rework Serpent as a whole. It's going to be a totally different AI from what you might have seen already. As a result, I'm not going to improve v0.2 (sorry tower avoidance code) but instead I'll remove unwanted code and from that point I'll develop v0.3. Maybe at some point I'll use bits of code that I'm going to give up on now, but that might happen not earlier than after upcoming AI tournament in June.

P.S. v0.3 is going to be mostly about cavalry, time to add some flavour to archer/skirm meta :)

arandi
Forumer

Post by arandi »

Since an AI named Serpent already existed before I started scripting I'm going to rename my AI. From now it's going to be called Sun Tzu ;) That ends this thread and I'll start a new one describing the AI in detail.