Precision v0.2

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
offwo
Guru

Precision v0.2

Post by offwo »

Plays land maps, all civs (but expect some weird unit choices). The strongest overall civ is probably Vietnamese, but more testing needs to be done. It is around or slightly above the strength of DE AI in 1v1 at the moment, slightly weaker in TGs.

In 1v1 it will randomize between the following strategies in order of likelihood:
1 range skirm defence (usually, but not always transitioning into knight + skirm)
2 range archers
1 stable scouts (+ skirms if needed)

Features group micro with some new tricks.

In TG it plays the modern human meta with some players going scouts and some archers.

This is an early beta version, there are still a lot of bugs to iron out and DUC eco is a big missing improvement (dark age is basically placeholder), but I wanted something more competitive on the ladder/tournaments than Ulysses.

Updated to 0.2
Attachments
Precision v0.2.zip
(77.4 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Last edited by offwo on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
those hackers are just idiots, i spit on them :lol: - Mabuse

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Precision v0.1

Post by FireBall37 »

Thanks Offwo :dance
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Please tell me that this isn't a DE only AI. I want to test it.

offwo
Guru

Post by offwo »

Aynshtaynn wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:04 am
Please tell me that this isn't a DE only AI. I want to test it.
Unfortunately, it is. It takes a lot of code from an (unreleased) DE-only AI. I do plan to make a separate UP version when work on it is more complete, but I don't think cross-compatibility is possible.

Updated to version 0.2
-DUC eco until Castle Age
-DUC scouting
-AI tries to hunt boar with TC
-AI occasionally attempts to steal boars
-AI changes strategy depending on civilization and uses different units (battle elephants instead of knights)
-Fixed a bug where units would occasionally go to the middle of nowhere.
those hackers are just idiots, i spit on them :lol: - Mabuse

Bandit1990
Forumer

Re: Precision v0.2

Post by Bandit1990 »

Great AI, had some really good matches with it already :)

I noticed in a couple of games units would just stop attacking but also not retreat (skirms and knights in the one example) which allowed for some easy kills without resistance. Though seeing your last post that may be part of the wondering off bug you have fixed (they seemed to hover in the centre of the map). This was fast speed, no debugspeeds.

I’ll test again with the latest version and if I see it again I can send a recording if it will be useful and you’re not aware of it already :)

Not seen a scout rush yet but the mass volleys from skirms are a delight to watch - thanks for sharing :)

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Precision v0.2

Post by FireBall37 »

I've noticed a few scouting issues with Precision as Vietnamese, seems to forgo scouting its own base to try to lame the opponent
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets